Thursday, September 15, 2016

Blog Post Part 1- September 15, 2016

Have you ever experienced difficulty communicating with a business as a consumer?

  • I have!  My family has allergies and we try to order places that have allergy friendly menus. The biggest problem that I have had communicating with a business would be ordering food online from restaurants and then they deliver it made completely wrong, and having to wait for them to come back again. 
Does social media make it easier to get noticed or get the problem solved?
  • I think sometimes people can use the internet as an excuse to not get something done. For example I have had problems with the delivery when I call and ask and they say that they have not received the order. 
Have you ever had a positive experience communicating with a business through social media?
  • The most positive experience I have had is with online banking. Its easy to access on the go and I can call them if there is a problem. 
If it was your business on Social Media, how would you respond to positive or negative comments? 
  • I would look at the pros and cons of the comments. I would look at the problem to see what would need to be fixed, to make it a better business and something to grow from. 
Social media is all about quick reactions and swift responses. By responding calmly and politely without over reacting when someone writes something that makes you feel uncomfortable especially when you have been trying to make your business awesome. 

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you that online banking is very easy to access on the go because some banks already have decided to step up their game by creating their own apps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, that was beautifully written and well thought out. My husband is allergic to garlic. Think of it! Garlic is in everything? I totally agree that sometimes the Internet is the excuse for NOT getting it right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with food allergies. You're brave to order online. Even in a restaurant, if I see a hint of "I'm not sure" or "You'll be ok" I will say thank you and walk out.
    I have yet to order online. I've done it with the Starbucks app and have had a problem only once. What I have saddening is the response. Not quick and did not offer money back or a substitute or a free drink for next time. I work at Starbucks and that's what I would do. No excuse and make it right.

    ReplyDelete